Chipotle Fundraising Night!
Calling all burrito lovers!
Foil your dinner plans and stop by the Chipotle at 1490 W O. Ezell Blvd Suite A, Spartanburg, SC 29301 for our fundraiser on Wednesday, November 04 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm. We’re raising money to support Eddlemon Adventist School, so bring in a flyer, show it on your smartphone, or mention the fundraiser at checkout and they’ll donate 33% of the proceeds to the cause!
Online Ordering for pick-up is Also Available Now!! Use our PROMO code: 2DAXF2A before checkout and it will count as long as it is picked-up during the fundraising event time. Remember, delivery orders or orders placed at a different time/location than the scheduled fundraiser will not count.
4th-5th Grade Chime Choir Performance
Sabbath, October 31
The 4th and 5th Grade Chime Choir will be performing on Sabbath, October 31, at the Spartanburg Spanish Seventh-day Adventist Church located at 3530 New Cut Rd, Inman, SC 29349. Students need to arrive and meet with Mrs. Davis by 10:15 a.m. The program begins promptly at 11:00 a.m. Students may leave after the performance.
Many Upcoming Soccer Games!
Congratulations to the EAS Crusaders on a game well played on Sunday. The team is making great progress and scored three goals! Great job! Below is the schedule of soccer games for the rest of the season. Make plans to come cheer for our team!
- October 28 Wed. – Home game vs. Mills River SDA School at 4:00 pm
- November 3 Tuesday – Away game vs. Asheville-Pisgah Christian School at 4:00 p.m. We will leave EAS at 2:00 p.m. Drivers and female chaperones are needed. Please contact Coach Andy Hopkins or Mr. Claus.
- November 5 Thursday – Home game vs. Captain Gilmer Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- November 10 Tuesday – Home game vs. Parents (End of Season) at 4:00 p.m. We need as many parents as possible to take on our students! You are invited to participate in this fun annual game!
Home and School Association News
Thank you to all who turned in their box-tops – we had over 650 turned in from church and school families! Don’t forget to scan your receipts if you have the app.
How about helping our school with a great review! Use google.com and search for Eddlemon Adventist School. Look for the reviews (there are only 2 right now) and enter a review for us! It’s as easy as clicking the star rating you want – comments are welcome, but not required.
Upcoming Community Service Project: We are planning to participate in the Samaritan’s Purse ShoeBox Collection Program for Christmas. Please see the attached flyer.
September Art Contest Winners
Thank you to all who submitted artwork for the art contest. Everyone did a great job! The theme was “Summer.” Congratulations to the winners!
- K-1 Tori Burgin
- 2-3 Johanna Pinero
- 4-5 (Tied) Logan Connor, Sofia Dedmondt
- 6-8 Jenna Hopkins
- Honorable Mention: Jordan Crossley (K)
October Art Contest Theme: Pointillism!
Don’t forget the October Art Contest! The theme is “Pointillism.” Several students have already turned in some amazing entries! The deadline for entries is October 30. Winners will be announced on November 6. Entries can include artwork done in school or at home. Turn in your best and neatest artwork to your teacher, Mr. Claus, or Ms. Cherry.
Soccer Team Practices
Soccer team practices, for grades 5-8, will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hand Bell Class Schedule
Hand Bell Choir is mandatory for all 4th-8th grades and counts for their music grade. The schedule is as follows:
6th-8th: Mon. & Wed. 1-2 p.m.
4th-5th: Tues. & Thurs. 1-2 p.m.
Perfect Attendance for 1st Quarter
A big shout-out to those who had perfect attendance for First Quarter!
The following students had perfect attendance and won a gift certificate from Papa Johns Pizza!
K-1: Jordan Crossley, Tori Burgin
2-3: Denver Burgin, Caylee Shaffer
4-5: Thomas Decker, Brady Harris
6-8: Jessica Decker, Justin Smith
- Oct. 28: Home soccer game vs. Mills River SDA School at 4:00 pm
- Oct. 30: Birthday Friday and Country Western Spirit Day
- Oct. 31: 4th-5th Grade Handbell Performance at Spartanburg Spanish SDA Church at 10:15 a.m.
- 3530 New Cut Rd, Inman, SC 29349
- Nov. 3: Away soccer game at Asheville-Pisgah Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- 90 Academy Dr, Candler, NC 28715
- Nov. 4: Chipotle Fundraising Night
- Nov. 5: Home soccer game vs. Captain Gilmer Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- Nov. 10: Home soccer game vs. parents at 4:00 p.m. (End of soccer season)
- Nov. 20: 11:30 a.m. dismissal, teacher in-service day.
- Nov. 25-29: Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 1-3: MAP Testing
- Dec. 10: EAS Christmas Program at 7:00 in the Spartanburg SDA Church
- Dec. 18: End of 2nd Quarter
- Dec. 19-Jan. 3: Christmas Break
Academic Help for Students
Help is available for students with missing assignments or have Ds and Fs after school on Mondays and Wednesdays. This may be required until a student catches up or achieves passing grades. Contact Mr. Claus for more details.
EAS Hot Lunch Program
Nutritious, plant-based lunches are available for EAS students. The cost is $3.25 per meal or $16.25 per week for grades 1-8. The cost is $2.25 per meal or $11.25 per week for Kindergarten. All lunches must be purchased in advance through the school office. Pizza will continue to be served on Fridays. Extra slices are available for $1.00 per slice. On days when hot dogs are on the menu, extra hot dogs may be purchased for $1.00 each.
Place lunch orders with the office. All lunches must be prepaid.
Oct. 20: French toast sticks, Breakfast links, Hash browns, Applesauce
Oct. 21: Submarine sandwiches, chips, watermelon
Oct. 22: Lasagna, Broccoli, Garlic Bread, Sliced peaches
Oct. 23: Pizza
Oct. 26: Spaghetti, Green beans, Garlic bread, Cookies
Oct. 27: Vegetarian hot dogs, Baked beans, French fries, Sliced peaches
Oct. 28: Baked Potato, Chili, Broccoli, Brownies
Oct. 29: Vegetarian chicken patty, French fries, Mandarin orange
Oct. 30: Pizza
Riddle Me This!
This week’s puzzler is a riddle. The riddle is: Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or
If you know the answer, please write it down and give it to your teacher or Ms. Cherry to be entered into a drawing for a sweet prize!