No School on Monday, October 19!
Report Cards and Parent-Teacher Conferences
How is your student doing in school? Are they making the progress you’d like to see? Make plans to meet with your children’s teacher(s) on Monday, October 19, to receive your child’s Report Card and MAP Test results. Please sign up on the attached sign up sheet. There is no school on Monday, October 19. EAS looks forward to meeting with all parents.
Many Upcoming Soccer Games!
Below is the schedule of soccer games for the rest of the season. Make plans to come cheer for our team!
- October 15 Thursday – Home game vs. Asheville-Pisgah Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- October 18 Sunday – Home game vs. Spartanburg Spanish at 2:00 pm
- October 28 Wed. – Home game vs. Mills River SDA School at 4:00 pm
- November 3 Tuesday – Away game vs. Asheville-Pisgah Christian School at 4:00 p.m. We will leave EAS at 2:00 p.m. Drivers and female chaperones are needed. Please contact Coach Andy Hopkins or Mr. Claus.
- November 5 Thursday – Home game vs. Captain Gilmer Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- November 10 Tuesday – Home game vs. Parents (End of Season) at 4:00 p.m. We need as many parents as possible to take on our students! You are invited to participate in this fun annual game!
4th-5th Grade Chime Choir Performance
Sabbath, October 31
The 4th and 5th Grade Chime Choir will be performing on Sabbath, October 31, at the Spartanburg Spanish Seventh-day Adventist Church located at 3530 New Cut Rd, Inman, SC 29349. Students need to arrive and meet with Mrs. Davis by 10:15 a.m. The program begins promptly at 11:00 a.m. Students may leave after the performance.
Home and School Association News
Time to turn in your Box-Tops! If you have any box tops you have been saving for our school, please turn them in at the school office by the end of September. We will be sending them in soon. This is an easy way to earn money for our school!
We are also collecting the UPC labels from Loma Linda and Worthington vegetarian canned foods. Each label is worth 25 cents as part of the “Labels Make Cents” program! Please turn these in to our office also.
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to link your Ingles Card, Publix account, or Amazon Smile account to our school. Thank you so much!
Home and School Update
Thank you to all who turned in their box-tops – we had over 650 turned in from church and school families! Don’t forget to scan your receipts if you have the app.
How about helping our school with a great review! Use google.com and search for Eddlemon Adventist School. Look for the reviews (there are only 2 right now) and enter a review for us! It’s as easy as clicking the star rating you want – comments are welcome, but not required.
October Art Contest Theme: Pointillism!
Don’t forget the October Art Contest! The theme is “Pointillism.” Several students have already turned in some amazing entries! The deadline for entries is October 30. Winners will be announced on November 6. Entries can include artwork done in school or at home. Turn in your best and neatest artwork to your teacher, Mr. Claus, or Ms. Cherry.
Soccer Team Practices
Soccer team practices, for grades 5-8, will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hand Bell Class Schedule
Hand Bell Choir is mandatory for all 4th-8th grades and counts for their music grade. The schedule is as follows:
6th-8th: Mon. & Wed. 1-2 p.m.
4th-5th: Tues. & Thurs. 1-2 p.m.
Riddle Me This!
This week’s puzzler is a riddle. The riddle is: A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in the town for just three consecutive days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible?
If you know the answer, please write it down and give it to your teacher or Ms. Cherry to be entered into a drawing for a sweet prize!
- Oct. 15: Home soccer game vs. Asheville-Pisgah Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 16: 11:30 a.m. dismissal, teacher in-service day
- Oct. 18: Home soccer game vs. Spartanburg Spanish at 2:00 p.m.
- Oct. 19: No school – Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 28: Home soccer game vs. Mills River SDA School at 4:00 pm
- Oct. 30: Birthday Friday and Country Western Spirit Day
- Oct. 31: 4th-5th Grade Handbell Performance at Spartanburg Spanish SDA Church at 10:15 a.m.
- 3530 New Cut Rd, Inman, SC 29349
- Nov. 3: Away soccer game at Asheville-Pisgah Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- 90 Academy Dr, Candler, NC 28715
- Nov. 5: Home soccer game vs. Captain Gilmer Christian School at 4:00 p.m.
- Nov. 10: Home soccer game vs. parents at 4:00 p.m. (End of soccer season)
- Nov. 20: 11:30 a.m. dismissal, teacher in-service day.
- Nov. 25-29: Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 1-3: MAP Testing
- Dec. 10: EAS Christmas Program at 7:00 in the Spartanburg SDA Church
- Dec. 18: End of 2nd Quarter
- Dec. 19-Jan. 3: Christmas Break
EAS Hot Lunch Program
Nutritious, plant-based lunches are available for EAS students. The cost is $3.25 per meal or $16.25 per week for grades 1-8. The cost is $2.25 per meal or $11.25 per week for Kindergarten. All lunches must be purchased in advance through the school office. Pizza will continue to be served on Fridays. Extra slices are available for $1.00 per slice. On days when hot dogs are on the menu, extra hot dogs may be purchased for $1.00 each.
Lunch Menu: Place lunch orders with the office. All lunches must be prepaid.
- Oct. 15: Vegetarian Meaty Loaf, Mashed potatoes and gravy, salad
- Oct. 16: No lunch due to 11:30 dismissal
- Oct. 19: No school – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 20: French toast sticks, Breakfast links, Hash browns, Applesauce
- Oct. 21: Submarine sandwiches, chips, watermelon
- Oct. 22: Lasagna, Broccoli, Garlic Bread, Sliced peaches
- Oct. 23: Pizza
- Oct. 26: Spaghetti, Green beans, Garlic bread, Cookies
- Oct. 27: Vegetarian hot dogs, Baked beans, French fries, Sliced peaches
- Oct. 28: Baked Potato, Chili, Broccoli, Brownies
- Oct. 29: Vegetarian chicken patty, French fries, Mandarin orange
- Oct. 30: Pizza